Drone Crash Ignites a Forest Fire

A drone owner has been charged with starting a forest fire after crashing the drone in Arizona. Due to the crash, a forest fire began in Coconino National Forest in Kendrick park near Flagstaff. The fire destroyed 300 acres of land, with thirty firefighters the fire was contained and extinguished within the day. The smoke from the fire created a large hazard for those driving through the area, increasing the chance of an accident massively.

If guilty, the owner could face a fine, community service or even a jail sentence. A similar event occurred when a homeless man’s cooking fire set the grass alight and destroyed over 282 acres of land. Due to the damage, the man received a fine of $12,000 and a twelve-month jail sentence.

Drones have previously caused problems with the emergency services, they have prevented them from doing their job as it would be dangerous for them to do so.

Walkers 75th Anniversary – New Crisp Flavours

North Korea Talks To End Silence

Over the last three years, a European Parliament has been conducting secret talks with Pyongyang to try and convince North Korea to end its Nuclear Program.

Mr Deva, the leader of the group, said him and the European Parliament Delegation for Relations with the Korean Peninsula had been ‘relentlessly advocating the case for dialogue without preconditions’ to end the standoff with the North. Nirj Deva has met senior North Korean officials, including ministers, fourteen time and there are plans to meet again in Brussels.

Europe is not the only one advancing on ending tensions in North Korea, as last week, Trump accepted an invitation to speak to leader Kim Jong Un. The first significant move came on Thursday when North Korea’s foreign minister was on his way to Sweden for two days of talks. The Swedish counterpart will ‘address the security situation’, the Swedish government represent US interests.

China’s president was ‘delighted’ with the advancements and shared a Chinese proverb; “once hard ice melts, spring comes and flowers bloom.” President Xi Jinping has been supporting South Korean President Moon Jae-in with the efforts to build dialogue and strengthen the relationship.

Japan is more doubting of the talks and said in a meeting on Tuesday with South Korea’s National Intelligence Service Chief and Japanese Prime Minister ,Shinzo Abe, that it was ‘extremely important’ that North Korea ‘takes concrete action which realize their words’ referring to denuclearization.

While we wait for the word of Kim Jong Un, Trump cannot refrain himself from speaking out on social media and to the press, an issue that is often a problem to his allies. His twitter has spilled more than needed, and at times disrupted peace between leaders.


The “cold-blooded execution” in Aldi

Neville Hord has been sentenced to at least 30 years in prison for stabbing the daughter of his former partner to death in a “cold-blooded public execution” in an Aldi store. The judge had said that he is very unlikely to be released.

The daughter worked at the Aldi in skipton where the incident took place. The motive of the killing was revenge because of family issues.

He admitted murdering his daughter Jodie in front of shoppers in an attack that ,the judge said, was planned to cause “the maximum pain, horror, shock and trauma”. Some of the witnesses of this trajedy were children.

Some detectives had descovered that during his planning of the attack, Neville had planted a GPS tracker to his daughters car and also had plans on buying a gun. He had a knife, crossbow and axe on the day it took place.

A statement read to the court, Willsher’s husband, Malcolm, said his life and that of his five-year-old daughter, Megan, had been ripped apart. He said mother and daughter had an “unbreakable bond” and Megan had told him: “I hate you Daddy for not bringing Mummy back.”

Jamie Carragher faces no further sanctions.

On Saturday afternoon, Jamie Carragher was attacked by the public when a video surfaced on the internet of the ex-footballer spitting at a Manchester United’s fan.

This was followed by the result of the match between Liverpool versus Manchester United (2-1).

Amateur footage revealed that Carragher was being heavily taunted before reaching his breaking point and leaning over the car window to spit at the two fans. Carragher described it as ‘a moment of madness’ and that ‘it was the worst mistake of his career’. He has repeatedly apologised to the family in question.

Sky has also added their input and claimed that while Carragher will be suspended from the rest of the football season, and that he won’t be paid at all from his £1 million pound a year job, he will face no further sanctions against him. But, Sky has admitted that Carragher will undergo an interview prior to the next season to see if he is still fit to go on. Any other details has been said to not ‘be in the public’s interest’.

Jamie Carragher’s job of football analysing has also been under immense pressure lately. Ever since the outrageous video has surfaced, fans have been calling in to sack Carragher from his job. Sky has not yet touched on the subject.

The family who was exploited has since been identified and has been recently receiving death threats. Carragher has begged his fans on twitter to leave the family alone and that out of the whole incident, he is the one to blame. Although the father has been accused of using his phone whilst driving, no charges will be pressed against him.


Has Apple used Obsolescence?

Lately it has came into speculation that the tech giant company Apple has been caught using obsolescence to gain a higher profit.

It has been a concern of Apple users that their products suddenly have lost massive chunks of battery life due to software updates released by the company.

As a result of this, Apple have offered to either fix the battery or supply them with a brand new phone however this is done for the full price.

Above all, the French government is mostly concerned because they filed complaints. As a result of the obsolescence conundrum, Apple may lose many of it’s customers unless this is resolved.

Written by Harry – Correspondent for the Science and Technology section.

Teen Jailed for Acid attacks and Robbery.

Derryck John was just 16 when he hurled corrosive liquid at six drivers across North and East London, in just over an hour on the 13th July 2017- today he is now being called “despicable and cowardly” by the judge for his dangerous spree.

John, who is now 17, admitted six counts of throwing a corrosive liquid with intent to “disable, burn, maim, disfigure or cause grievous bodily harm”, two counts of robbery and four counts of attempted robbery. He has been jailed for ten and half years.

Judge Noel Lucas QC told him: “You and your accomplice chose to attack members of the public who were going about their lawful business.”

He stole two mopeds and attempted to steal a further four after using an Evian bottle to spray riders in the face during a terrifying acid rampage.